Wednesday, August 5, 2009

South Carolina - AKC Day Two

As you can see, the next morning we had an early business meeting to discuss finances, studio management and client relations:
After the meeting we went downtown Charleston again for a more formal photoshoot of each other. It was raining when we first got there so we spent some time (and some money) inside of this store:Some more snapshots from Joanna's point and shoot camera:
When it stopped raining, we went searching for some fun shooting locations:
Joanna is so beautiful! She's getting married next year and we all want to be her photographer. Can't you just see what a beautiful bride she's going to be!
Lee Ann got these photos of us shooting Shea:

Did you get something good JoJo? Funny story about Joanna. I met her earlier this year during a dinner at WPPI. We sat next to each other and clicked right away. She then told me she would be interested in becoming a part of Alpha Kappa Camera. A few months later, she came to Phoenix for Melissa Jill's workshop and we got in touch via facebook. I picked her up at the airport the day before the workshop which happened to be mother's day. She ended up spending that whole day with me and my whole family. So, basically, she's practically family to me :)
Trina working it again:
I had to have some touristy Charleston pics. This one is by Trina:
And this one by Lisette. By the way, Joanna and I did not coordinate on purpose.

I love it that Lisette captured this photo of me photographing Kara:
And here's what I got. Gorgeous.
My shootsac's 137th use: Carry Lisette's shoes.
(Photo by Lisette)

Amelia and I tried to recreate our Ireland pose for Lisette. We couldn't quite remember it but we gave it our best:
I went searching on Melissa's blog today and found this:
I couldn't end this post without a huge thank you to Shea who basically was our stylist for the day. Not only providing tips and touch -ups but also most of the clothes we all wore. You are awesome, girl!
(Photo by Lisette)

8 comments:

Jenny Bishop said...

Looks like you girls had so much fun! Love the shoes in the Shootsac! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a BLAST!!! I have a similar get-together in North Carolina in about a month, hopefully we will have as much fun as ya'll!!

Lisette Price Photography said...

I had so much fun and can't wait for the next retreat!!! :) Only a few months until Vegas!!

Samantha Warren Weddings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha Warren Weddings said...

You've totally captured the spirit of ACK 09, including the beauty of all the girls, inside and out. And the images (many of which I've snagged for my own post) make me miss it so much.

Samantha Warren Weddings said...

Sorry, the deleted comment above was mine. I wrote ACK instead of AKC. Ack doesn't sound nearly as good :)

Stephanie said...

Kara's hair is 100% gorgeous.

And YOU are so beautiful - especially in the first "ireland pose" picture. Stunning. Really.

I love all of the hats in these pictures. Where did you get them?

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Raquel Leal said...

Looks like so much fun! That's awesome that you all get together and do that!

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge