Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Luisa

Meet our daughter Luisa. Yes, I know most people start out with babies, but not Curtis and I. When it comes to parenting we skipped straight to adolescence. Not that we ever planned it this way but it just kind of happened.
One of Curtis' friends told us that there was an exchange student supposed to be coming here for her senior year of high school but her host family for the year fell through and she asked if we would consider taking her. I said "Sure!" and Curtis looked at me in shock: "Sure?!!? Are you crazy?" Me: "Why not? :)" And so one week later our daughter arrived. I wish babies were that fast too.











5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! Where is she from?

Cristi said...

she's from brazil.

Vivi DiLopes Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisette Price Photography said...

She's beautiful Cristi!!! I hope she's enjoying her time here and I know she has to be thankful to have you guys as her host family. :)

Christa Scott said...

Amazing photos & wishing you a great experience with your new daughter! I was an exchange student and I truly do have a french family "ma famille francaise". We have stayed in touch over 11 years...and counting. Enjoy!

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge