Monday, August 17, 2009

Irma & Braden

You can't meet Irma and not fall in love with her. She so sincere and kind. She's a hard worker and she's laid back. Irma and I worked together for a few months (as dietitians) and I would often forget my lunch. I know, I know, how hard is it to remember your lunch, but I was juggling a full-time photography business and a part-time job downtown Phoenix. Irma barely knew me, but she would often share her lunch with me. Her lunch that she had cooked with Braden the night before and that Braden had prepared for her. She would always say with a smile: "...really, Braden always packs so much food for me we can definitely share".

From things like this to other little glimpses I'd get about their relationship, I knew they were perfect together. And I was right.

When Curt and I were at the airport in Philadelphia coming back from Italy, I got a text message from Irma. She had gotten engaged! I called her back and we chatted a little. It was the 4th of July. Irma found out we were taking a cab from the airport in Phoenix to our house. Guess who showed up at the airport at 10 o'clock at night on the 4th of July? Irma and Braden. Braden is equally amazing and kind. Besides going totally out of their way to pick us up and take us home, they even brought us bottles of water! I am just in awe of what wonderful people they are individually and I am so happy that they will be spending forever together.

When they hired me as their wedding photographer I was beyond thrilled and honored.

We had so much fun yesterday during their session. And even though it was really really hot, they just smiled and laughed the whole time.


Irma has the best smile. Not only because it's beautiful but because it's always so genuine:



After a few fancy shots around town we drove to the desert. More precisely we drove to the exact spot where they went on their first official date together. They went hiking here:
I love it that their wedding colors are turquoise and coral. Check out Irma's necklace:







You two are amazing! Thank you for a fun session and a fun dinner.

7 comments:

Gretchen Edwards said...

beautiful session Cristi!

robyn said...

Tres Belle! I LOVE your work! So bright and crisp.

Lisette Price Photography said...

She is beautiful!! I love the colors and of course the shot with the cactus. I wish we had those to work with here! :)

Stephanie said...

What a cute couple! They both have great eyes - and you captured their happiness so well.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Live.Love. Photography said...

What?? A dietician who forgets lunch?!?! =)

Beautiful, beautiful! What a cute couple. love the one of her hugging him from behind.

Vanessa vharo20 said...

Aww! Gabe & I totally have to have a second session with you! haha... I love the desert pics! & I see now what you meant Cristi! the one where she's hugging him from behind is so cute! :) Great work! They are a super cute couple, very beautiful eyes!

Take care!

Katina said...

Oh my...these are gorgeous! Beautiful couple and stunning images:)

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge