Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mary's 90th Birthday Bash!

Last Sunday before I left for Montana I had the absolute pleasure of documenting Mary's 90th birthday celebration.
I felt honored the moment Melanie, her granddaughter, called me and asked me to be there. However, the significance of how important these memories are became even more clear that day. Right as I was getting ready to leave for the party, my sister called me to let me know my 98 year-old grandfather had passed away that morning. I was sad, but as I documented this day for them, I felt so blessed to be there and to be able to give them all these wonderful memories.
This is such a great family! They are so much fun and it's so easy to see their love for each other.
The "big bash" was at The Castle at Ashley Manor and Jessica made sure all the details were flawless:
Eli waiting for the guests to arrive:
Remember these beautiful girls? I first met this gorgeous family last November and I swear they are even more beautiful now. Here's Abbey, Annabella, Hayden, and Emily:
Noah is still the troublemaker but I love it how the other kids just totally go with it and are back there waiting for him to decide it's picture time:
With a little help from his brothers we got a nice one :)

The beautiful birthday girl:They had a really fun slideshow and it was fun to watch Mary's reactions:

There were lots of great toasts:
Melanie is gorgeous and the light here was just perfect!
This is Mary's best friend. They have been friends since they were 19 years old!
Her toast had Mary a little teary-eyed but mostly laughing:
Yep, this is when I cried. Such beautiful words:
All the great grandkids together:
Time to party:
Look who joined in:
And just a few more of the kids:
It was so great to see you all again. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of such an amazing celebration. I felt truly honored to be there.

6 comments:

molliejanephotography said...

I loved that post. So fun and great pics.

Anonymous said...

Love this post too. Mary looks awesome, never would have guessed she was 90. I just saw the movie UP this weekend, if you haven't seen it go - it's for all ages. These photos reminded me of some of the moment in that movie.

Keep up the awesome work Cristi!!

Amy

Katina said...

wow, Mary is STUNNING at her age! Hopefully we can be as lucky! Great job Cristi:)

Rachelle Corbisier said...

Just looking at these photos made me a little teary eyed. I really enjoyed looking at them Cristi!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

What a wonderful post! I hope to one day have such a blessed day with my whole family!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I hope I'm that classy and lovely when I'm 90.

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge