Monday, January 7, 2008

Flagstaff

For my Christmas gift Curtis planned a weekend in Flagstaff filled with romantic dinners, a room with a fire place and... ski lessons! If you know me well you know that I'm always cold and that I'm the biggest chicken in the world. So, this might come as a shock to many, but I actually had a lot of fun and did suprisingly well skiing. I managed to stay fairly warm (thanks to Kelly Owen who let me borrow all of her ski clothes) and I only fell once. Actually, I desperately threw myself on the ground when I saw a bunch of people in front of me and didn't quite know what to do. Speaking of not knowing what to do... Does anyone know what the ski poles are for? As far as I'm concerned their only purpose was to make it even more difficult to carry the skis around - while wearing those huge ski boots. By the way, they should really invest in some elevators at ski resorts. It is not easy to go up and down stairs while wearing ski boots. No wonder snowboarding has become so popular! Just a couple more things I learned this weekend: Getting back up is a lot harder than staying up; only ride the chair lift with people you really trust! There's really nothing holding you up there; and last but not least: Screaming does not help you stop. Trust me, I tried.

The trip started off really well with a pit-stop at Sonic. Did we get enough food?


The next morning we woke up to a beautiful snowy day and headed over to Snowbowl

We put so much sunscreen on we look like wax statues:


My awesome friend Kelly Dahl was there too and it was fun getting to see her for a little bit:Just take a look at my athletic stance :)

I got better as the day went on. Looking a little less retarded here:

After a long day at the mountain, a quick stop at Starbucks. Unfortunately the hot drinks didn't quite help me regain feeling in my toes.

The next day we thought it would be a great idea to drive over to downtown Flagstaff so we could walk around and explore a little. Well, we had really good intentions but we made it one block and ran back to the car. It was REALLY cold!


The trip was really fun and I definitely want to go back to Flagstaff when it's not so cold so I can see a little more of the city. Thank you, Curt, for my wonderful Christmas gift.

No comments:

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge